Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deer 550g Dozer machine controls

HFservicesNC ยท 2014-12-26 20:26

Hi everyone. I have a John Deere 550 dozer that i would like to instal machine control on. I already have a top con laser and the receiver that i currently use on the dozer but we use in manually. I was wondering what it would take or what exactly i would need to make it where the receiver would control the blade. If possible i would convert it my self and didn't know if there was a kit or something to go off of. I am very good with electronics and hydraulics and had thought about getting some 2 way control valves and trying to plumb something up but don't know where to start with the lasers electronics. Any help?

Replies3
  1. #1dozerman4002014-12-27 09:05

    I remember working along side an operator that had the machine control your talking about, It worked great. I'd talk to Top Con and or John Deere to see what you need to hook it up. :my2c

  2. #2Construct'O2014-12-31 14:53

    I have everything you need but we are some distance a part. PM if you want.

  3. #3Ladell2016-11-06 23:20

    Me too but for a 650G I have a 650G with access to a Trimble blade control gps system, I'd like to be able to use it on my machine. Thanks