I'm curious who builds your machine control models? Do you prefer to have an in house guy building all you models or one of those companies that just builds models? In full disclosure I work for a company called Ranger Engineering Consulting. We are one of those companies that just builds models. I'm the business manager there and I'm looking for some honest and candid conversation about what businesses really want. We often hear that operators really don't care if the model is extremely accurate as long as its close. Is this true? Lastly, what kind of promotions would you be interested in from a company that made your models? We are currently doing things like "get your 6th model free", "monthly raffle for a $100 gift card", Potentially running a Quarterly raffle for a AR or some other gun. Thoughts? I really am looking for honest feedback. If you would like to check out our site: http://www.ranger.engineering
I'm curious who builds your machine control models? Do you prefer to have an in house guy building all you models or one of those companies that just builds models? In full disclosure I work for a company called Ranger Engineering Consulting. We are one of those companies that just builds models. I'm the business manager there and I'm looking for some honest and candid conversation about what businesses really want. We often hear that operators really don't care if the model is extremely accurate as long as its close. Is this true? Lastly, what kind of promotions would you be interested in from a company that made your models? We are currently doing things like "get your 6th model free", "monthly raffle for a $100 gift card", Potentially running a Quarterly raffle for a AR or some other gun. Thoughts? I really am looking for honest feedback. If you would like to check out our site: http://www.ranger.engineering And since the Forum Rules specify: (Bold added for emphasis.) Since you seem sincere, I merged the two threads you started, to keep you in compliance.
What are you even talking about??:beatsme
GregsHD, Look at his web site, they take paper grading plans and create a digital model for machine control grading systems. The initial outlay for the machine controls is pricey, but once you have made the investment your cost to perform cuts, fills and grading drop drastically. Bob McCloskey
Ok, I didn't want to go to the website figuring it was some scam or something. He worded the whole post funny I thought he was talking about plastic models of machines :tong So this guy is just trying to sell something....
Aren't we all?
Sorry guys I wasn't really trying to advertise. I really am looking for feed back on some of the things we are doing as a company. That is it. I shouldn't have put the website. I just thought it would be easier to understand what we do. So do any of you have any thoughts around what would work for you from a promotional stand point?
Not me, I am on this forum to learn, to help others with problems that I am familiar with and to have a good time doing it! Mat i'm sorry about my post above, no hard feelings :beerchug I checked out your website, very cool!!
No worries Greg. So this is the machine control forum, who do you guys have building your machine control files?
We build all of our models in house. It is pretty easy to build them, I use the same model from bid to machine control.
We have ours custom built. Only ran a few of them so far but they seem to work out ok. My only trouble is I would like to see them cleaned up some, like get rid of small parking lot islands.