Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 1010 crawler parts?

BEK ยท 2020-07-29 15:29

I need a left side steering clutch/brake housing for my JD 1010c crawler. Mine is cracked in several places and has been welded numerous times. I have it tore down to put new steering clutches in and noticed the cracks. Now is the time to replace the housing while it is apart. Any help in finding a housing would be greatly appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1chroniekon2020-07-29 16:06

    I found some parts for a 2010 crawler a few years go at Farmland Tractor in Tangent, Oregon. They are a wrecking yard for Ag and construction equipment.

  2. #2BEK2020-07-29 17:18

    Thanks I'll try them. Can't seem to find many good used parts for a 60 year old machine. Imagine that!

  3. #3Orest Anhel2020-08-08 01:14

    There was some 1010 stuff on craiglist Vermont recently

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-08-08 02:50

    Contact Lavoy here. He used to frequent this forum. http://www.jdcrawlers.com/

  5. #5BEK2020-08-08 07:13

    I found a guy in NY that has tons of 1010 parts and his prices are reasonable.

  6. #6Willie B2020-08-08 07:50

    There is a forum just for old John Deere crawlers. The foremost expert is based in Morisville? VT, Mark _______. I'm trying to remember his last name. He's a walking encyclopedia of JD crawlers, buys, sells, & rehabs them. I came close to buying a 450C from him, but it had the outboard push frame, I had my heart set on 6 way blade.