Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 1010 crawler reverser issue

BEK ยท 2020-08-28 14:54

My JD 1010 dozer (gas) runs very well and will push a full blade of dirt/rocks without any problem for about an hour. After that it starts slowing down and will actually stop going forward unless I lift the blade. At that point it will drive with the blade up on the flat but not up hill. Reverse works fine always. I've changed the filter and fluid in the reverser and it did help a little, but the forward drive problem is still there. I'm thinking forward clutches? Anything else I should be looking at? If it is the clutches it will be a winter project.

Replies6
  1. #1Dave Neubert2020-08-28 14:56

    forward piston and seals

  2. #2BEK2020-08-28 15:11

    That means it still has to be torn down?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2020-08-29 07:40

    yes

  4. #4BEK2020-08-29 09:13

    Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll have a winter project. I'll probably just rebuild the reverser while I have it apart. Good place to buy piston and seals?

  5. #5Dave Neubert2020-08-29 12:43

    Go to machinery trader to parts type in part numbers

  6. #6BEK2020-08-29 13:41

    Thanks! That is a big help