I have a Hitachi zaxis 120 gray market machine. I have a opportunity to buy a burned John Deere 120c for parts at a very reasonable price. Does anyone know how many of the parts are interchangeable? I’m thinking this could be a good buy to have extra boom, Hydraulic pump, tracks and motors.
No way to know without both serial numbers
so if I can get you serial numbers, you can tell me more? I have my serial number and can get off other machine unless it’s burned off. I posted my serial number while back trying to confirm my year model but never had any luck.
We can try
If they shared the same part numbers, maybe. Other wise - ?? Can you take close up photos of the JD for comparison to your Zaxis ?
I am friends with the manager of our local Flint Equip (Deere pen). He loves a challenge.
Back a few years ago the Deere and Hitachis were almost identical other than Deere put their own engines in. I've found that starting with the Zaxis series there are differences. For instance, the hydraulic hoses from the pumps to the control valve are different. little things that you would think should be the same. I would guess that main components should be the same.