Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo… Recognize this switch?

Kevin Cohrs ยท 2020-08-08 21:12

The other day I found this rocker switch located under a plastic cover. Not exactly sure what it controls... Machine is a Volvo EC460B. Seems to be a 3 position switch and looking at the sticker diagram is has to do with the speed of something? Any ideas appreciated!!

Replies9
  1. #1BigWrench552020-08-08 22:31

    One switch is for two pump flow or single pump flow. That is for auxiliary options like a hammer or shear. The other will bypass the computers allowing for you to start the machine and idle up if you have a ecm fail.

  2. #2Kevin Cohrs2020-08-08 22:36

    Can you explain more about the two pumps or single? So that only would be used with an auxiliary option?

  3. #3uffex2020-08-09 04:23

    That marked as emergencey is that of speed control three postions the other is V-ECU bypass Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Kevin Cohrs2020-08-09 12:13

    So if I understand that correctly you should be able to select 3 different speeds for the digging functions??

  5. #5uffex2020-08-09 12:22

    Good day Kevin May I explain you have the possibilty to bypass the V-ECU this provideds a method of operation in the event that it fails (Usefull for trouble shooting also) . You can select this by the two position switch default is auto note in manual the display and engine speed cntrol no longer work so the engine speed is then controlled by the three position switch - default idle - back about 80% - forwards engine kill, I hope this explains your machine appears to be devoid of two pump control according to the photo. i hope this explains but if you have a question please come back. kind regards Uffex

  6. #6uffex2020-08-09 13:01

    I have checked the achives this may be a better explanation. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7Ben Witter2020-08-09 13:46

    The black switch is your auto/manual mode selector, The other switch selects either idle or full throttle with a momentary position to shut the engine down,

  8. #8BigWrench552020-08-09 14:11

    I didn't see it when I first looked at the image. Either the switch for two pump flow is fallen inside the console or you don't have that option.

  9. #9uffex2020-08-09 14:27

    Yes I must admit the photo caught me with the same initial impression. KR Uffex