Serial # 135cx300670. A friend of mine has a JD 135c that the blade will not stay up, had Brandt come up and troubleshoot the hydraulic system, Said control valve needs to changed, so $15,000 later , no difference, repacked both blade cylinders etc. Cleaned hydraulic tank, flushed system .At a loss. One thing though, earlier this yr, the boom was taken off to line bore the boom mounts and rebus. They had to remove the control valve, and associated pipes & hoses to gain access to the boom pin and mounts. The problem with the blade started after this work was done, I suspect they got some dirt or slag in the system, thoughts anyone? Would anybody have a hydraulic Schematic that I could use, thanks in advance, Ken
Getting pressure to one of the pilot caps for the blade?
OMG...........I'd have had a fit! I see A LOT of misdiagnosis's here by dealer techs.
Mg2361, Can you explain Pilot Caps?, my 71 yr old brain is not what it once was, retired for 10 yrs, surprisingly what u forget if you don’t do it every day and he is 70 miles away from me. My friend is a really Nice person good to work for, He lost his son in a car accident a few months back so l am trying to help out the best I can. Thank you
Ya, he is really upset, Brandt service showed up at 11am after stopping at Tim Hortons for coffee,worked for a few hours then went home, had to come back the next day.Charged him 8 hrs travel time 100 miles round trip
Wait a minute. I just re-read your post. I have too many irons in the fire on HEF right now, so excuse my unclear thinking. You said they replaced a $15,000 control valve? For blade drift! Did they replace the correct control valve? Which valve did they replace, the main control valve? The control valve for the blade is a separate control valve from the main control valve and the price on that valve is $6100 US. Or is that $15,000 including labor?
Has the rotary manifold been checked? I've seen several blade drift issues being a blown seal in the rotary.
Your just a popular guy!
The blade control valve was close to $9000cdn. $15,000 cdn was with labor & taxes including hydraulic system flush, cylinders rebuilt, hoses, oil etc.
Good suggestion,it makes sense, will get him to do that, thank you
You need to troubleshoot this properly or your going to go broke changing parts out
Excavator, The rotary manifold was the problem. I told my friends mechanic to check this, he didn’t think so. So after a few months he gave up. Another mechanic found exactly what you suggested.Can’t blame my Friend, he lost his son last yr not in a good frame of mind. Anyway I wanted you to know that you were spot on, Thank you
Your friend should be raising cane with the dealer over an unnecessary $15,000 control valve! Like even getting a lawyer involved if the dealer doesn't make it right. I've heard of bad diagnostics and throwing parts at something but from a dealer is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! Especially when it didn't fix the problem.
I have to agree that the dealer should be compensating the customer. I have no formal training in heavy equipment repair, just enough experience to know that the rotary manifold is a good place to start. I have dealt with many different brand "techs" who have gone to factory school but really know very little to nothing about what they are working on and it seems many service managers aren't much better. I would have to say that this situation is the service managers fault as much as anyone. I'm not knocking all dealer techs, I've dealt with many very good ones.
There's some outstanding dealer techs on here.
I agree completely, but I've also, in my job, run into some real humdingers. And the sad part is that most dealers charge the customer the same hourly rate no matter which one you get.
Yeah, you never know if you're getting a top journeyman or a new apprentice. Journeymen are supposed to check apprentices work but often don't. My sister runs a high end salon and the prices do vary depending on the level of experience of the stylist. Customers have the option but also have to realize they can't expect a Jr. Stylist to be as good as a master stylist.