Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 135C boom will drop

todddowney01 · 2025-04-05 08:24

Good morning everyone. Question. John Deere 135c in digging mode and attachment mode boom will suddenly drop 1-2 feet unexpectedly while working. Not at the machine now, but will be this afternoon. Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies11
  1. #1Zewnten2025-04-05 09:19

    Serial number?

  2. #2todddowney012025-04-05 09:35
  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-04-05 10:10
  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-04-05 10:18

    The boom anti drift valve could be sticking and not releasing right away. It is item #11 on the screenshot below. .

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-04-05 10:24

    Safe to assume you don’t have the optional load holding valves at the base of the boom cylinders like in the screenshot below. .

  6. #6todddowney012025-04-05 10:31

    Yes no hold valve at base of boom

  7. #7todddowney012025-04-05 10:41

    So I’m assuming that Valve is underneath #9 where I see the X?

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-04-05 10:55

    Yes.

  9. #9todddowney012025-04-05 13:16

    Wow that’s a good size job. I think I’ll wait till it’s at their shop. Any way to test this? thank you for your help

  10. #10todddowney012025-04-05 17:23

    Is it possible you have a parts number list for that number 11?

  11. #11Diesel Dave2025-04-06 00:00

    The link to the parts page is below. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/236/referrer/navigation/pgId/1209935