Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 190e excavator where is hydraulic thumb control?

russgustafson · 2024-04-26 16:30

I bought at online auction a 190e john deere excavator with amulet hydraulic thumb I can't find where the controls for the thumb are. Every control I can see is accounted for. It has a swing boom

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-04-26 17:10

    Welcome to HEF Russ . What’s the red button for on the left side joystick ?

  2. #2russgustafson2024-04-26 18:22

    It is the horn switch It just makes a clicking sound I’ve held it in and moved levers nothing different

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-04-26 19:01

    There must be a switch somewhere in the cab operating a selector valve. Follow the thumb hoses back along the boom , I’m sure you will find a selector valve tied in with another function.

  4. #4russgustafson2024-04-26 19:23

    Thank you Diesel Dave I followed to selector valve going to swing function Hit the red button did the swing pedal and hurrah the thumb works

  5. #5Shimmy12024-04-26 20:24

    I would be switching that so the thumb is priority, red button selects the swing. But, you may use your swing enough that this way makes sense.

  6. #6russgustafson2024-04-27 08:08

    Good idea thanks