who makes this manual coupler? this is on a john deere 190e the bucket has initals M.M. Who makes the bucket? I'd like to get more buckets for this coupler there is a amulet ct hydraulic thumb on the excavator
Wain-roy made them years ago.... I would think Tag manufacturing would be your best bet for new or Sunbelt Rentals uses that style also I believe if you have any of those in your area. To determine what category you have you measure your keeper pin diameter.
Thank you
Good luck finding anything. Nobody uses that style anymore - at least around here anyways. Might have to get it custom fabricated.
What’s the best coupler to replace it with
Welcome to the Forums RS! Glad to have you. A hydraulic pin grabber would be the best. How many times do you need to swap buckets/attachments? We have a manual pin grabber on our 305E that works ok. The next 305 will have a hydraulic one though. Same thoughts on that TAG style coupler. Sunbelt uses that style and they suck once they get wear on them.
I'm a wedge coupler fan myself, they seem to be a lot more popular around my area than pin grabber. Either one works fine though.
Must be a regional thing. I don't think I've ever seen the wedge type used here. Up until 15-20 years ago you didn't see many quick couplers at all. Now they are on 60% of the machines.
Until you wanna flip the bucket for scooping. Volvo was big on those til the practicality of the pin grabber became obvious. All the infrastructure guys around here use them. Dig with a 4 or 6 footer, set yer trench box, knock off the bucket and set yer pipe with just a coupler and cable. It's efficient. When you're pushing the envelope of what the machine can lift, every pound matters.
We do hopefully if the op takes all his buckets and coupler to a sale I can pick them up for 100 bucks each
The thumb might pose a challenge but not impossible. At the dealership I work at, we recommend Paladin/JRB. They make a good product, simple installation and they hold up to the abuses a rental machine experiences. I have had bad experience with another company . The coupler itself is pretty stought but their valve and plumbing suck. PM for the name
I didn't even know what pin grabber was until a couple years ago. I'd say 75% of machines are using wedge style around here. The only time I ever saw large pin grabber lugging was when companies were bring up iron from their US divisions for jobs around here.
Yeah it's nice to drop the weight of the bucket when we are setting 14-15K lb structures which is at the comfortable limit for a 325 CR size machine.
Yep - you probably won't have anyone else bidding on them running the price up either.