Have a John Deere 200 clc bought it new back inthe day only has 3000 hrs on it . It started the throw a Yellow warning light. It starts and runs but soon as I try to bring up the engine thottle it dies out and shutsoff. Any ideas? havent had the dealer come out and plug it in yet.
Have you checked for water in the fuel? You might also try running it without the cap on the fuel tank to see if that helps.
Changed both Primary and secondary fuel filters added fresh fuel .. still does it..
When you start the machine, is it parked on a level spot or on an angle, and can you change the angle of the machine at start up to determine if that has any affect? If you pre-set the throttle control to where you would run the machine under load before you start it, does it start, run for a few seconds and then die, or not start at all?
What is the machine serial # ? There is a diagnostic display (DDU) in the battery compartment that will show any active and stored engine codes. Link to the Operators manual below , DDU operation is under “miscellaneous machine” . The code # listings are on the pages following. . Operator's Manual View Operator's Manual View techinfo-omview.apps-prod-vpn.us.e06.c01.johndeerecloud.com .
there is No diagnostic display on mine. it has to to plugged into on the left side of the machine By the way let me update clearly the machine now will start and throttle up and it will now begin to operate normaly but soon as I start moving the stick or whatever it trys to dies out. Meanwhile that yellow check light is on the whole time. seems like a fuel problem but cant pin point it
Interesting , i thought that DDU was standard equipment. So without a DDU , try a process of elimination to resolve the code issue. Lack of power could be to due to ECU derate. Water in fuel (WIF) will derate the engine. See if temporarily unplugging the water in fuel sensor has any effect. Whats the machine serial #?
How owuld you go about reading the display? to see the code?
Serial # indicates , engine with Level 4 ECU with a VP44 injection pump. I am assuming the ECU is derating the engine and setting code 001569.31 DTC 001569.31 will set if: • ECU detects a low oil pressure. • ECU detects a high manifold air temperature. • ECU detects a high engine coolant temperature. • The ECU detects water in fuel above the threshold quantity for an extended period of time. • The ECU detects a loss of engine coolant. • ECU detects a high fuel temperature. • ECU detects a problem with the crankshaft timing. • ECU receives a request from another electronic control unit on the vehicle/application. • ECU receives a signal from the PSG (injection pump controller) for a injection pump problem.
Did you find the DDU ? I sent the link to the operators manual in post # 5 . Under the “miscellaneous machine“ section it explains how to use the DDU.
Thank you I will try to read the codes on saturday per your instructions and I will post what I find
Update here is what I found and what I did, I went and got my codes that were displayed there were 3 of them, here were the codes: SPN 1077 FMI 31 SPN 1077 FMI 12 SPN 1569 FMI 31 They at the time would NOT clear. I then noticed the machine Reservoir bottle for the radiator was empty and it does have a sensor on it. I refilled it. I know trucks will shut down if the bottle is low. Last week before I checked the codes, I had to replace the Fuel Pressure sensor on the primary fuel filter because it was broken in half, I replaced that and both the primary and secondary fuel filters and made sure I had fresh diesel. After doing this I tried running the machine but the panel was still showing the fault light and not running right. I then tried to clear the codes ( they were kind of hard to clear ) But I did clear them and no more faults were showing on the operator panel. The machine then powered up and running good full throttle, for now after clearing the codes. Question? If the codes are not cleared off with the machine, will it still fail even though there are new parts on it? It seems that is what happen but will know more after running it the next couple days.
001569.31 engine derate. . 001077.12 —Injection Pump Self-Test Error The pump control unit (PSG) determines that the internal components within the pump are not working. . 001077.31 — Pump Initiated Engine Protection. Pump initiated fuel derate for engine protection. Injection Pump Derate • The pump control unit (PSG) has the ability to initiate protection to the injection pump and engine when it detects a problem within the pump. As a result, the pump derates the amount of fuel that it will send to the engine. DTC 001077.31 will set if: • The PSG senses an extremely high fuel temperature. • The PSG senses fuel temperature input voltage to be outside the range of what is physically possible for fuel temperature. • The PSG senses the high pressure solenoid to be continuously energized, it is unable to detect closure of the high pressure solenoid valve, or the internal pump speed sensor is broken. • The PSG detects that components within the pump are not working properly. • The PSG senses a crank signal from the ECU that is out of range with respect to the internal timing within the pump. . I suspect there is (or was) a loose / dirty wire harness connection at the injection pump.
Thank you I will have to take a look at the harness to the pump to see it its ok..