Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 200lc throttle problem and more……

Wes Jackson ยท 2020-11-01 16:13

ser#ff0200x501452. Machine was running fine and shut down suddenly,will start and shut off when trying to restart. I found the solenoid that shuts off the fuel will open and machine will start,immediately upon starting the solinenoid will close and shut off fuel. If I continue cranking it will not refire however I can turn off ignition and start again and it will refire. At the same time the throttle quit working. I have checked all fuses and also tried the reset with the toggle switch but no help. I can hold the fuel shut off lever on the pump open and machine will run but still has no throttle. Is there a throttle relay on this machine? I do not have a manual for this machine, hoping someone has run into this before! THANKS

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-11-02 05:59

    Pull in winding is working, how about the hold-in winding voltage? Also check the adjustment for the solenoid. If that is not correct it can kick off.

  2. #2Wes Jackson2020-11-03 05:12

    I went yesterday afternoon and reset the throttle with the little toggle switch by the fuse box and rechecked all the fuses,the fuse that is 5th from the left on the top row was blown, I replaced the fuse and the machine fired up and the throttle worked as it should for about 2 minutes then shut down,fuse had blown again, when I replaced it again the throttle still worked but fuel shutoff will not work at all now!

  3. #3Farmrboy2020-11-28 18:28

    Did you ever find your problem my 270lc started acting up tonight

  4. #4tool_king2020-11-28 22:28

    Coil is probably a short and now is burnt out or wire has break now in it . Check coil power at the plug .

  5. #5Wes Jackson2020-11-30 14:23

    Yes I found the problem, it was the fuel shut off solenoid, bought one off ebay for 48.00, running like a champ now!