Hi, Question about the sizing of bucket lugging for the Weldco-Beales quick-attach system. I'm referring to the "old" manual system where you manoeuvre the bucket onto the lugs and then bolt on a wedge block to hold it in place. I have a Hyundai 290 excavator with this kind of lugging. And a wide clean-up bucket that came with the machine with lugging that I am guessing is about 1 size too small. I would like to change the lugging on the bucket to fit my machine so I'm looking to see if there is someone with some of the secret dimensions for the WBM lugs. There seems to be lug sizes called 200, 250, 300 etc. that probably relate to mainstream excavator sizes like Cat and Hitachi. So what is my 290? A 300 coupler or a 250? This is for a semi-retired excavator on a farm with lots of clearing and boulder-picking so we can get more room to grow horse gas (hay). So the changeover needs to be cheap--the plates likely will be CNC plasma cut to keep some accuracy but they will be bubble-gummed or seagull shztted into place with my old eyesight and a farm-grade welder!! Of course, a guy can just measure the lugging on the machine boom but this machine is 20+ years old and how far worn out of spec are those lugs on the boom? So--can anyone please help with the key dimensions for this lugging? Thanks!! Jon.
It's probably not worn out that much at all, at least not enough to be overly concerned with for a farm machine. I would trace the lugging on the bucket that does fit it onto a pice of cardboard and find a fabrication outlet that can cut out a pair of them. The wedge tends to keep it fairly tight with minimal wear. I have a similar Kenco system on a machine with 5000+ hours and the bucket is still tight to the coupler, the pins and bushings are getting sloppy though....