Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 2010

spitzair · 2023-11-06 17:51

Hi everyone, I seem to be the new owner of my neighbour’s John Deere 2010 crawler dozer. He sold his property and is moving out of the country and left me the dozer to add to my collection of geriatric machinery. He got it in the mid-90s to do some work on his property and it worked well at that time. It is the gas engine model and it has a backhoe on it as well, a model 93 if I remember correctly… it’s the one with the big rotary swing motor… in 2003 we had a real good flood and it became a submarine for a day or two until the river receeded. He did get it running and working again since, but the last 10 or so years it’s been sitting now. He did keep it covered up under a tarp. He tried to get it going again some years ago but couldn’t get it to run and started taking things apart in an effort to fix it but gave up. All the parts are there and thankfully he didn’t rip too much off of it, the carb and the distributor are about as far as he went… Getting it moved to my place won’t be an issue, I’ll just drag it home with my 977H… My question is how hard are parts to find for this thing? Are there any known problems on these machines? I don’t have a serial number or photos handy at the moment but will get some next time I go home… my plan is to get it up and running again, it has a bit of sentimental value to it as I’ve known my neighbour all my life and I am sad to see him leave… I’ll post some pictures when I go get it.

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-11-07 17:55

    It might be good it's a gas engine because if it needs a carb. it should be an easier thing to find or at least parts for it.

  2. #2spitzair2023-11-12 22:25

    Thanks Dave!