Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 2016 yr 50 G will not start

scdev · 2025-01-13 14:07

The 50 G will start if I activate 12 V directly to the solenoid and the engine will run fine. A CAN! W:1310 code will show up on the monitor occasionally. I confirmed the starter solenoid was not being activated by the wires coming from the engine control unit. I have a call out to a local mechanic that should understand John Deere service advisor, but I have not heard back yet and I’m wondering if there is something I can troubleshoot to confirm what might be wrong. I have visually checked all the connections throughout the machine that I can get to. The problem started with an occasional click of the starter solenoid from time to time. After a while, the machine would not even activate the starter. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me or Mechanic that you might be able to put me in touch with.

Replies15
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-13 21:20

    You will need a schematic, and need to test fom the engine control module to the starter S-Terminal. If I had one I would share, but do not have yet, need to post your serial number also to be more specific. Simon C

  2. #2scdev2025-01-17 00:32

    Serial number 284002. I do have the schematics and I also tested from the engine control module through the S terminal and starter relay to the starter solenoid. The starter relay wires were not being activated when the key was turned. It seems that the ECM has some logic being processed before activating a starter relay switch when the key is turned. I’m trying to figure out what caused the error code [1310] to be generated and that is seemingly what might be stopping the ECM from activating my starter circuit.

  3. #3mg23612025-01-17 05:27

    All the fuses good? Check your messages.

  4. #4scdev2025-01-17 12:13

    Fuses were the first item I checked along with potential seat or other safety switches. I like the input from the forum because it is making me double check all the common sense troubleshooting. Keep the ideas coming.

  5. #5Simon C2025-01-17 12:52

    When you say you checked all the wiring and cables, was that a visual with a little tug, plus a multimeter test of all control wiring with a multimeter also. Just asking. Have tested a brand new no start on a compressor that had a sealed battery end burn't off internally, cut off recrimped new end with heat shrink and all was good. We only make suggestions and are not there. Any questions fire away. Simon C

  6. #6Kjell2025-01-17 13:10

    Have you done troubleshooting A for W: 1310 described in the workshopmanual? Have you checked the fault memory in the service meny on your display.

  7. #7Simon C2025-01-17 13:32

    As Kjell said if there is a problem that has not been ratified in the control circuit which the computer uses to decide when to start, it will probably be a no start. Simon C

  8. #8scdev2025-01-17 14:56

    Good suggestion I’ll have to find that section in the workshop manual to see if I may have missed something

  9. #9mg23612025-01-18 06:22

    Post any other codes that may be in the monitor.

  10. #10scdev2025-01-20 13:40

    Case solved. It was the hydraulic pressure sensor on top of the valve body. Hopefully this will help the next person that ends up with this type of a problem. Thank you, everyone.

  11. #11Simon C2025-01-20 19:46

    Thanks for posting. Did you just change the sensor and then it started.? Simon C

  12. #12mg23612025-01-21 05:13

    What was the part number of the sensor you replaced?

  13. #13scdev2025-01-23 11:05

    Yes, the sensor was the problem and the part number is 4436535. Apparently, if the sensor does not report a high enough pressure, the starter will not engage to protect the pump from damage..

  14. #14Simon C2025-01-23 11:09

    Maybe mg2361 can clarify. I thought that no pressure would tell the ECU that unit is not running and safe to start. The reason I say that is because, what happens when there is repairs done and all oil leaks out. Would it not start then, or would a by-pass be necessary. Just wondering fo my own archives. Simon C

  15. #15mg23612025-01-23 12:20

    That pressure sensor is for the auto-idle control. Don't know, honestly, why it would prevent a start up. I think that same sensor is also used for the auto-shut-down, but the sensor should be just telling the controller that the hydraulics are not are not being used.