Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB240 thumb speed slowed way down

Kirk Palmer ยท 2025-01-12 21:51

The machine is a 2021 Takeuchi TB240. I bought the machine new and the thumb has always opened and closed a little on the fast side, but today when I started the machine the thumb is now opening and closing very slow. Does anyone have any ideas why it would do this all of a sudden? Thanks for any replies.

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-12 23:05

    Is there a needle valve or a valve feeding the cylinders that has been closed off. Is it colder than usual and is the oil a little too thick. Is the ram in the cylinder bent, or has the packing begun to fail and by-passing oil. May need to tee in a gauge on the base end to check pressure with it activated. Has something been changed on the display that controls the pressure or flow of oil to cylinder. Simon C

  2. #2Kirk Palmer2025-01-12 23:30

    Thanks for the reply. I don't know about the valves. I sure didn't bend the cylinder the last time I used it. All I know is that it was working just fine the other day, and today it wasn't. I'll call the Takeuchi dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say.