Hi all! I'm a new member and I'm excited to be part of this community. I am an independent mobile mechanic, and I have a customer with a JD 210LE that's having an issue I can't seem to figure out. I was initially called out for a no forward or reverse problem. The fix for that ended up being a bad forward/reverse time delay relay. After fixing the forward/reverse issue, I was asked to look at another issue, which is as follows: This machine has the stop lamp on the dash illuminating red with a continuous warning tone sounding off anytime the machine is in forward or reverse. There are no other warning lamps illuminated on the dash when this is happening, and I've confirmed they all work. The machine seems to be operating as intended, other than the symptoms I'm trying to address. This problem had been present for at least 3 months before the failure of the forward/reverse time delay relay. When going through the shop manual, the info I'm finding states that the stop lamp should illuminate along with another lamp, with the other lamp indicating the system that's having an issue. I'm hoping I can get some tutoring with how the system works along with some guidance on how to troubleshoot it. The shop manual seems to be pretty thorough, so I must be missing something. Thank you very much for your time!
I don't know much about a 210LE but does it have a seat switch?
Welcome to HEF NdCanfield ! When posting, please always include a machine serial number. That is needed for accurate information gathering. On top of the rear axle, mounted to the top of the park brake towards the front, is a park brake pressure switch. Make sure the wiring checks out as well as any physical damage to the switch (from sticks, etc). Also see if the switch changes state when the park brake is released.
Put the seat belt on? Lol
Does not matter on these machines.