Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best place to tap for hydraulic system pressure gauge

EfiniMotorsport ยท 2026-04-30 21:40

I want to add a 5000 psi gauge to monitor hydraulic system pressure on my JD 410c. Ideally I'd like to find a pipe plug I can remove and add the proper fitting to a high pressure hose and into the gauge. I was thinking one of the plugs on the priority valve or if I can the loader valve. Anyone have any better ideas? The hose would be routed through the floor inside the heater core area so no exposed hoses in case anything ever bursts

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2026-05-01 11:07

    I always try to connect as close to the pump outlet as I can get. Reading there will be for any circuit that you want to test.

  2. #2EfiniMotorsport2026-05-02 08:50

    I'm more looking for a way to read overall system pressure, not test any circuit. Ideally somewhere easy to tap into and get the hose up to the gauge in the cab. That's why I was looking at the loader or priority valves.

  3. #3John C.2026-05-02 10:14

    You can check the pressure on every part of the hydraulic system at the pump outlet.

  4. #4EfiniMotorsport2026-05-02 18:46

    I know that but adapting from those large fitting down to something small or having to tee into a line makes for a lot more fittings. If there's somewhere I can pull a 1/4" pipe plug and put one fitting it's much easier

  5. #5John C.2026-05-02 19:55

    You are going to have to trace your piping from the pump outlet.