I have a 230 filling the turn table with hydraulic oil. The swing gear in not filling with hydraulic and is on the full mark so I have bypassed the swing motor for now. in one day it lost enough oil that it is out of the sight glass. My first guess was the center joint but it is not loosing oil out of the top or bottom. I do not know of a place on the center that could fill this cavity up. I drained the oil yesterday and today the oil is running out around the turntable. Any ideas? please be gentle this is my first attempt at a post here or of any kind ever.
Gotta be a hole in the upper frame plate over the grease pan somewhere, look for a leak running along a hose or tube and down onto the frame is all I can suggest. I don't think there's any way for oil to get from the center joint over to the grease pan unless maybe one of the track motor drain hoses is long enough to be cut on the edge of the grease pan itself?
That's what I am thinking. lots of dirt on top. we have a hurricane on the way. as soon as I can I will bring her in and clean off the top. See what is going on. I will let you know. Thanks for the help.
Keep your head down....
When you say you drained the swing gear, did you drop the belly plate and remove an oval plate with two bolts and rubber washer?if so the problem is your center joint.
I bet it is the center joint loosen the 4bolts then take them out one at a time and put a washer on them between the joint and the frame you will still have your leak but it will leak out and not wash out your grease tub till you can get her fixed unless you are using it deep water I would leave it that way. Hope this helps. BTW Welcome to the Forum
How many hours on it? My Rotary manifold caused all sorts of problems on my 270 from air getting into my hydraulic system, drive motors filling with hydraulic oil to filling the tub with oil. But it showed no visual signs of leaking. Mine had 12,000 hours of use on it when i changed it out. I was told they are a common problem.