Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 270D LC Slow Hydraulic

ignatowskiexc1 ยท 2020-11-17 16:23

Hello, we have a JD 270Dlc. Machine ran & operated great up until a couple days ago, now it has very slow hydraulic power, engine still runs and sounds strong though. It seems like only the swing motor has full hydraulic strength. Both booms, bucket curl and tracks are very slow with no power. It seems like it wants to dog track a certain way because one track is slightly faster than the other track. I am not sure if it is pump related or not because the boom does lift the tracks off the ground it is just really slow. We have replaced the pilot filter and primary filter and have full hydraulic fluid in the tank. Any tips we would appreciate.

Replies13
  1. #1uffex2020-11-17 16:33

    Attached may be of help Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2ignatowskiexc12020-11-17 16:59

    Thank you I will look into it.

  3. #3ignatowskiexc12020-12-04 10:58

    Bump

  4. #4mg23612020-12-04 12:17

    Press and hold the top right button on your monitor and turn the key on. Scroll to troubleshooting. Press select. Select Main controller and press select to see if there are any codes. Post the codes. Then back up to main menu (where you selected troubleshooting) and then select monitoring. Press select. Look for pump 1 and pump 2 control pressures and delivery pressures. What do you have when stalling arm out?

  5. #5ignatowskiexc12020-12-04 12:26

    Hello, Thanks for your help. I am pressing the top right and turning the key on and the dash is not coming up with the troubleshooting screen, it is just the gauges. Let me know thank you!

  6. #6mg23612020-12-04 12:47

    Sorry, left that part out. You will have to press the 2nd button from the right on the bottom row to enter the menu.

  7. #7ignatowskiexc12020-12-04 13:07

    Hi, I just pressed top right button and then second from right on the bottom and it is still not working. Any ideas?

  8. #8ignatowskiexc12020-12-04 13:10

    See above

  9. #9terex herder2020-12-04 20:13

    Pressing the top right button just gives you troubleshooting as an additional line on the menu, it does not just show up. You must scroll through the menu to access it.

  10. #10mg23612020-12-05 04:45

    Press and hold top right button at key on. After the monitor lights up, release the button. Then press the menu button to access the main menu. Then scroll to service menu, press select and go from there like I mentioned above. It is fairly user friendly.

  11. #11ignatowskiexc12020-12-07 08:43

    Hello, somehow I have the service manual myself and the service screen on the monitor is not coming up. I am unsure if possibly the model cannot do it or If there is a electrical issue and possibly why I am having this hydraulic issue. However, I put a hydraulic tester gauge on the delivery pressures for pump 1 and pump 2. For pump 2 we are getting 2000-2800 psi. Pump one is 5000 psi.

  12. #12ignatowskiexc12020-12-07 08:44

    Hello please see my reply above

  13. #13mg23612020-12-07 12:08

    You are pressing the second button from the right on the bottom? What are your control pressures to pump 1 and 2 when arm out is stalled (it would be nice to get into the monitor for this). Also post the track cycle times in turtle and rabbit (forward direction only would be OK). One track at a time for 3 revolutions.