Has anyone found a good place to mount a fire extinguisher on a U55 excavator? Not much room to do so. I live in a high fire danger area and the diesel regeneration that periodically occurs has got me concerned. I'd better have an extinguisher with me in case of an emergency anyway. Thoughts appreciated.
Haven't tried these, but...
Heymccall: Great idea. Looked at a couple of YouTube demos of this extinguisher product. I think it's a perfect solution. Thx a bunch. Allan
Heymccall: See Element fire extinguisher mounted inside cab to right of seat on vertical molding (note: purchased additional rubber quick release mounting bracket to hold it securely). It takes up virtually no room. Perfect solution. Thx. Allan
I mounted my extinguisher in the corner of the door so that it was accessible after I had exited the machine. Seems to be out of the way and has been no problem so far.
HALSJCB: Very clever. You may have found the only good location for a regular sized extinguisher. It baffles me a bit that these rigs don't come with a mounted fire extinguisher and supplemental tool box area. Nice job.
Well our renters love to use self tapping screws to mount a fire extinguisher bracket right under the “no drill/no weld” sticker on the ROPS/FOPS structure thus trashing a $20,000 cab so that seems to be the ideal location.