Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 27C ZTS Hydraulic thumb problem

Leumas05 ยท 2023-08-05 12:05

I added a thumb I bought from showtime Fabricators. Thumb went on easily. The problem is the Auxiliary valves have not really been used since machine is new. I have pressure (2700 psi) to open the thumb but no flow or pressure to close. I don't know where to start. Foot controller or main auxiliary valve ? I have a repair manual, wish I had a parts manual for better Identification of the valve and hose locations.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2023-08-05 13:03

    Good day & welcome Your post describes the Auxillary is set up for hammer, take some picts. of the lines. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2023-08-05 13:21

    Good day The attached file may help out. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Leumas052023-08-05 19:10

    Thanks for the reply. I found my answer. To get the thumb to go two ways all I had to do was switch a valve on the right side of cab through a hole with a rubber plug. I believe the other position is for auxiliary using a hammer.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-08-05 19:12

    FYI, at the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual. . John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com