I have a John Deere 300D S/N T0300DA791572 that I believe has too much hydraulic pressure. I just put a new Hydraulic pump on it, new filters and fresh Hygard fluid. Checking it at the port inside the battery box while pulling the backhoe boom control all the way back it’s going to 3200psi and will kill the engine at idle. I took the shims out of the relief valve and it’s still making the same pressure. Wasn’t sure if I should be concerned or what. I made a post on here awhile back and got a ton of great info so figured I would post again. Thanks for any info!
Post a picture of the test port you are using as well as the relief you are trying to adjust.
Here they are
That makes a lot more sense. Thank you so much!! Somehow, I never even noticed that one