Hey all, I have three questions or I guess topics I need direction on. I’m fairly new to working on tractors, so please excuse the ignorance. 1. When I compress my clutch I get a whirring sound(see video link below). I reviewed my books and know the sound in the video is most likely the throwout bearing but I can’t find whether it’s greaseable or if I need to have it replaced Streamable Video Watch this video on Streamable. streamable.com 2. The book states the differential pedal should pop back up when pressed. Mine does not, I have to lift it by hand. I haven’t found anything in the books for this one. 3. My fuel injection pump power wire was removed and I wasn’t quite sure where to reconnect it. It’s properly connect at the pump, just not sure if it goes to the ignition switch or else where. Currently I have it running to the battery when I want to start the tractor. Thanks in advance for any help or direction
Not greasable. Replacement is in order. Differential pedal? Do you mean clutch pedal? Accelerator pedal (also called a foot throttle)? To the "I" terminal of the ignition switch.
By differential pedal, do you mean differential lock? If so, the linkage is probably missing a return spring. Split the tractor and replace that clutch release bearing right away before it wipes out the fingers on the clutch pressure plate, if it hasn’t already.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/76846/referrer/navigation/pgId/187277 If that doesn't open a diagram, you'll have to search 301A, then trans differential, then diff lock. Looks like there's an internal spring on the shaft and collar for the diff lock. If you're lucky some wd40 and working the lever will get the shaft loose, then some oil to work it looser and keep it loose. If you're not lucky, it's rusted the spring inside and broke, but since it's just a solid shaft, I don't see why you couldn't add an external spring to return the pedal.
Thanks all for the direction. Considering I don’t have a garage to work in I called the John Deere dealership and they gave me a 3-4K quote for repair and recommended just replacing the clutch at the same time. Going to call a few other places for quotes.