Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 31- Identify this part please

JonZ ยท 2016-06-09 17:41

Hi everyone. I recently had a JD given to me by a friend, but its leaking hydrolic fluid. The fluid is coming from this part. Not from the hoses, but where it meets the block I think. Not sure if its the pressure control value or hydrolic pump. Any help please....

Replies14
  1. #1JonZ2016-06-09 17:43

    Sorry, thats a JD310-D

  2. #2lantraxco2016-06-09 18:39

    It's not a D, even though the serial plate looks like it says that. Probably a straight 310. The D's had spin on filters. I can't remember that part and the lines, can't find it in the parts books... interesting. Can you see where the lines go?

  3. #3GregsHD2016-06-09 19:46

    That is the flow control valve for the steering and brakes, 3 bolts hold it to the trans case along with a dowel pin to locate, and there are 2 o-rings behind it. Here is a PDF parts manual for a straight 310. It is 23Mb just so you know before you click:drinkup http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC4136.pdf

  4. #4JonZ2016-06-09 20:12

    Thats the part. Its on page 156. Thanks alot.

  5. #5JonZ2016-06-09 20:15

    Thats the part. Its on page 156. Thanks alot. I really appreciate it.

  6. #6GregsHD2016-06-09 22:33

    No problemo! Now that I think about it, that valve may just be for the steering I can't remember, its been a while!

  7. #7lantraxco2016-06-09 23:51

    Huh, I always thought that was on the right side of the machine... my memory may be faulty but I remember the 510 and 410 that way....

  8. #8JonZ2016-06-10 09:21

    Lan, on the 310 its on the left side

  9. #9lantraxco2016-06-10 10:50

    So I see, thanks for that! They say you're never too old to learn, but sometimes I wonder ointhead

  10. #10Curbster2016-06-10 11:48

    And Oh yes those filters inside the canisters! How I remember those messy things! Bring plenty of rags, and wear short sleeve shirts! Thank God for the spin ons!

  11. #11lantraxco2016-06-10 12:31

    LOL, the horizontal one wasn't terrible but the vertical, half the oil sits above the parting line. I seem to remember you could brace the canister up with a stick and unscrew the center bolt far enough to let the oil drain out around the bolt, if you had the time. YMMV

  12. #12GregsHD2016-06-10 19:43

    It is on the right hand side of the trans case is it not? Unless one is sitting backwards operating the hoe, then it's on the left haha!

  13. #13joe--h2016-06-10 21:39

    If I had that I'd braze a nut to the can, drill the can and put a short bolt and copper washer to seal it. Works and the last time you get drowned in hot oil. Good on automatic transmission pans too. Joe H And don't forget to pick the old seal out of the housing when you change the filter.

  14. #14Deon2016-06-11 07:54

    JonZ, I had a 410 that had a leak on that very same part. The o-rings were busted and the oil leaking by wore a track into the transmission case. I filled the track with JB weld and sanded it flat with a block and replaced the o-rings. Leak was fixed and stayed tight until I sold the machine about 5 years later.