i have a john deere 310d back hoe an my FNR switch on my steering column i can not pull it down to reverse i ben using it for about 6 hours could my reverse oil be low please help
Yes, your reverse oil could be low. I don't think low oil will prevent you from pulling it down to reverse. I believe that lever is connected to a hydraulic valve only. I would check that the linkage is free. If there's a pin at the end of the linkage, remove it and see if the linkage will move then. Do not adjust or remove any threaded rods, that will just confuse all of us more. If I'm wrong, somebody will correct me, but it might take a few days.
how can i get a picture of the linkage
There is no linkage. It is an electric FNR. If you cannot pull it down into reverse then the FNR needs to be replaced.
Sorry, I guess that "D" means something after all? You have nothing to lose taking the switch apart at this point to see if there's something obvious broke inside. No idea how hard or effective that might be obviously.
where can i find the year of that machine
where can i find one of them i believe it is a 1998
In the equipment world we do not use year of manufacture. Everything, service information and parts, are all serial number dependent. You can find it here, https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/76966/referrer/search/pgId/533766 Here is a screen shot. I added the price. You do a part number search on the web and you can find them for less, but buyer beware, I cannot speak for the quality of those products. I am sure others here have bought them online (eBay, Amazon, etc) and will speak up as to their quality.
i put reverser oil in an went forward then neutral an then reverse then neutral an forward then neutral an reverse then neutral forward an now it wont go into neutral