Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310 G

smonterroso ยท 2014-11-07 18:59

I have a John Deere 310 G backhoe and the emergency brake keeps kicking on when in motion does anybody know what the problem could be

Replies7
  1. #1Ronsii2014-11-07 21:19

    Could be a bad connection to the switch or solenoid, if I remember right there has to be voltage to it to disable the brake, so any interruption in the circuit can set the brake. Does it do it randomly or when things get bumpy or hot? I would trace the wire from the solenoid on the trans as far as you can back to the dash if all that looks good the actual solenoid may be in need of replacement.

  2. #2smonterroso2014-11-07 22:02

    I could just be driving on the job site to dump a load of dirt or 3/4 and the break will kick on then I have to sit there and flip the switch back and forth until the finally kicks off to where I can start going again

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-11-08 00:06

    Pretty common to get water in the rocker switch and have them short out.

  4. #4smonterroso2014-11-12 09:14

    OK thank u guys

  5. #5Deeretracks2014-11-12 12:03

    Also, make sure your transmission fluid is full. I just had a 210LE doing the same thing, turned out the tranny was way low on oil.

  6. #6JGS2014-11-12 17:05

    I had a 410G with the same problem. It turned out the tranny oil was low as well. Start there first.

  7. #7smonterroso2014-11-12 17:51

    Ok thank u