Hello all, my John Deere 310 K started leaking coolant pretty good tonight. Removed the DPF to look at the back of the engine: seems to be leaking from the rear of the engine somewhere toward the top not exactly sure where. I see a plug going directly into the head that is suspect. Is there any common leak points on these machines in that area? The plug is right beside the EGR valve.
No common leak points back there. Pictures?
Can try to get some today. Really hard to even see back there with the dpf off. I attached a picture of a head offline with the plug circled. Would there be coolant behind that plug? What else back there could leak coolant?
Looks like a plug for a temp sensor, probably an NPT fitting.
That is what I was thinking. But highly doubt that would just start leaking.
Yes, there is coolant under that plug.
Ok guess I could remove and tape it. Also found it doesn’t leak from that area until nearly full throttle