Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 310a boom lock

sbarrett ยท 2011-05-17 12:13

the backhoe boom lock on my john deere 310a backhoe is broken off and i was wondering if anyone might have a good picture of one so i could repair mine.any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks, Steve Barrett

Replies8
  1. #1Inverted992011-05-17 21:38

    I have a 1991 310D, if they are the same style lock I would be glad to take a picture of mine. Take care...Jeff

  2. #2Deon2011-05-17 21:59

    I also have a 310D and I did own a 310a. It was a 1981. The boom lock on my old 310a was a wedge that you dropped in a square loop, not at all like the newer type. But I don't have a photo.

  3. #3Deon2011-05-17 22:04

    I found a photo on the JD parts list on line. Look at # 7.

  4. #4sbarrett2011-05-18 06:24

    thanks for the help,atleast i know what i,m trying to build.steve

  5. #5Awhelan2011-05-20 22:32

    How about this 1980 410 Andy

  6. #6Deon2011-05-21 19:28

    Andy, It looks like it grew there. Reminds me of the old days. Anthony

  7. #7sbarrett2011-05-24 06:33

    thanks for the picture,wish i could get the boom to stop falling,so i wouldn,t need the boom lock

  8. #8Deon2011-05-24 19:52

    New cylinder seal kit is probably what you need.