I might be able to get one at a fair price. I saw a few for sale without a backhoe... is it really considered a construction equipment or it's a farm tractor with a backhoe? thanks Alexis
The MF50a is definitely a purpose built construction machine, just an early one, like the Ford 4500.
Can you use a mf50a without the backhoe?
I have a ** 30 without a backhoe but it has 3 point hitch had tractor 40 years never given me a problem
I have a 1993 50H, it's a good machine. Don't know what I'd want it for without the backhoe though. Joe H
It is a well built heavy duty construction machine. Just looking at the loader would tell you that. It was available as a loader tractor without a backhoe. Without the backhoe you should make some kind of counterweight to mount on the back unless it has a 3pt. hitch you can mount a heavy implement on. A steel frame with a 1500lb chunk of concrete would work. The 50A has a 1 yard bucket with a 4500lb lift capacity and 7300lbs. of breakout force. Shipping weight is 8120lbs. I'd guess it may have a 3pt. hitch and a popular attachment would be a heavy duty box scraper. The loader has selective self leveling. You pull the lift lever further back and the bucket tilts forward. It only works for lifting but is a great feature to have. It should have a bucket level indicator on one side of the lift arm pivot that works with a cable on the bucket linkage. If it has a PTO and instant reverse transmission be very careful if you use an attachment like a mower or rotiller. The PTO will turn backwards when you go in reverse. Most instant reverse machines don't have a PTO but the odd one does. The other transmission option is a manual shuttle. You select the gear you want and using the clutch you can change directions once you're stopped. It has a 4-203 Perkins engine, the same as in an early 165 Ag tractor.