Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 310a loader dropping

sbarrett ยท 2011-05-02 06:57

my loader seems to have decent lifting ability,but it will go right to the ground when i raise the front end to use the backhoe. i had the two bucket cylinders rebuilt,because they were falling when i had my forklift arms on,but the shop said they were in good shape and the rebuild didnt help.i think i have something bypassing in the loader controls,like maybe a check valve or relief valve. any advice would be greatly appreciated.i don,t want to keep paying to have cylinders rebuilt,if it,s not gonna cure my problem.thanks

Replies6
  1. #1rockdog2011-05-02 15:27

    I had the same problem in my 410B. It ended up being a bad spool valve. I even took the old spool in to be rebuilt. They said I was good to go. Same thing, took it back and told them it was bypassing and they blamed the cylinder. I told em it had just been rebuilt and they said the guys that did it screwed up. I demanded they put the rebuilt spool on their flow bench. The dude says. oh my gosh. Look at that the spool is bad you'll have to buy a new one. HELLO!!!

  2. #2sbarrett2011-05-02 15:30

    thanks for the advice,i,ll check it out

  3. #3DAC2011-05-03 08:18

    Any ideas on what would cause my JD 310D to go in reverse only? Been told it's probably the the reverser...

  4. #4Deon2011-05-03 19:33

    Check the electric solenoids first. Could be just a wire or connection. In forward, does it pull at all or is it like it just does not connect. Lift the machine from the ground, wheels not touching and shift into forward. If there is no rotation at all then its probably that the solenoid is not working for some reason.

  5. #5DAC2011-05-04 05:59

    Thank you.

  6. #6Mark Grant2011-05-09 10:55

    We recently bought a very nice 310A that was used on a ranch it whole life. There are a few things I'm trying to figure out. First is does anybody have any shop service manuals that they'd be willing to sell me? I see they are about $500ish new. I'm going to maintain it myself and would like to have the proper info. The other thing is...when you turn the wheel the steering ram works fine although it's got a leaky seal at the moment. The issue is that there seems to be quite a bit of play between the part that the ram and tie rod hook to and the left front wheel. The right wheel is solid. When the front wheels are off the ground you can grab the left front wheel and move it quite a bit to the left and right. Is there an adjustment or are the splines worn in your opinions? Thanks in advance for any help! Mark