Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310B Steering Cylinder

HankTO ยท 2018-07-22 17:23

Hello All! I need to replace the seals on my JD 310B left side steering cylinder. Anyways I removed the gland nut and ram and the seals were shot. I had to drive the out seal out it seems to be a pressed fit. The problem is the second inner seal. This seal pretty much fell apart and I dug it out of its recess. The question is how do I get the new seal in? Not sure if the guide comes apart in order to install this seal.

Replies4
  1. #1HankTO2018-07-22 18:50

    OK the gland nut is one solid piece. I carefully worked the inner seal into its groove like working a tire onto a rim. Weather pending I will reinstall the ram tomorrow and hopefully I didn't screw it up. I will let you all know the end result. Funny part is I was thinking loosing the gland nut was going to be the hardest part of this job.

  2. #2HankTO2018-07-29 23:27

    All is good no leaks

  3. #3T-town2018-07-30 18:26

    Glad to hear it worked out for ya. Will have to do mine soon.... or take it off and have it done.

  4. #4HankTO2018-08-07 18:34

    T-Town I didnt look into the cost of having a shop do the job but the price of the seal and piston ring kit was 28 bucks with shiping.