Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310c no forward after rebuilding reverser

Jrod64 ยท 2021-05-17 22:33

I bought a John Deere 310c that had been sitting for over a year in the woods, after I got it running reverse was weak and forward would only move on flat ground. I pulled the reverser and bought a complete rebuild kit with pump. When I got the unit apart the forward clutches were completely worn out, so I installed all the new parts from the kit as well as flushing all the lines and cooler. I did clean and inspect the reverser control valve but did not replace it. I re-installed the reverser and now it will spin the tires in reverse but will still not pull forward. I have disconnected the wires to the clutch solenoid but nothing seems to help. I don't want to keep throwing parts at it not knowing what will help, has anyone else ran across this issue or can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any ideas

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612021-05-18 05:06

    Welcome to HEF Jrod64 ! Did you adjust the forward pack clearance?