when cold tractor runs great...but after running for a while it starts to lose power and reverse unit starts shaking
I may be way off here. Older than yours used a constant pressure system. The pump varied volume as needed. The pressure was constant. If you don't have pressure, your pump is bad, or a valve is allowing flow to reservoir. Start cold, and use an infrared camera, or at least thermometer to figure out what heats up first. Likely you have a valve allowing flow where it shouldn't be. Willie
I think you're off Willie, BUT the 310d could be a 310 (diesel, dubuque whatever) in which case it would be closed center/ pressure regulated system. Unless I'm way off. Ruben, can you post a picture of the unit, or confirm it has a gear pump or radial pump (8 hex plugs around the outside of the hydraulic pump)? Also, is the engine under load just idling when it loses power? or does it idle fine but not have enough power to move, or bog down with the hydraulics?