Hey all, I appreciate the help here. I have a new to me 1997 310d backhoe- I know nothing about these things, so thanks for your help. I have had several electrical issues the last few weeks since I have owned it. I will summarize. 1. Will not shift into gear - intermittently it will not shift into F or R on the column. To me it seems like the e-break never releases to engage the drive. 2. Engine cuts off sometimes while bouncing/digging or driving, usually turning they key off and back on will reset it. 3. Fuel Gage sometimes does not register. I am assuming same electrical or ground issue. 4. Dash instrument panel is broken, therefore the dash and all wires behind it move around a lot, I have some parts to try and secure this better. The ground from the battery to frame is solid. I plan to go through all the wiring behind the dash and replace fuses and clean out all the corrosion on the pins of the connectors. Anything else I should be looking for here? To me it seems like the hoe has bad grounds, just not sure the best way to correct all these small issues. Thank you!
If you see any green going into a connector or up a cable, it needs to be cut back to good bright copper not black in coulour, or cable replaced. I have changed many on many machines, after 30 years the cables have copper turning blackish causing all kinds of problems. Some ground bolts are so rusty in the threads or under the lug that there is very poor connection. Dashes sometimes have a ground cable, so do cabs going to frames. All need to be clean and tight. Simon C