My 1996 John Deere 310 seem to run out of fuel. I have had to start on ether(never had to before). I changed the fuel filter but it still stops running. Any help would be appreciated.
Check the flow from the lift/supply pump.. On some models u can take the top off and clean them out .. U could try back blowing with air towards the tank.. remove the cap first.. Also check the fuel cap vent.. If u unscrew the cap after it shuts down, and hear a suction, the vent in the cap is plugged..
I replaced the pump($48 gamble). The cap doesn't seem to have pressure. I am going to try to backblow to the tank this morning. Does the injector have a screen on the side of the body? I also took the return ball check out and cleaned it yesterday, maybe a fleck of debris in it.
U can take the return connector (Spring/ball) completely out of the system for diagnosing the problem.. NOTE: fuel WILL come out of the hole in the top cover.. so if it’s a problem, put a pan under the pump.. OR.. u can get a hardware store push-on connector and screw that in the hole and with a length of hose pushed onto the fitting, run the hose to a catch jug..
I was able to air purge the supply line from the tank. I put everything back together and bled the front injector. It fired up and ran perfect. Thanks for your help.