Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310e dimension from top of radiator to frame or frame mount

gypsycatfish ยท 2023-09-19 22:04

1998 310E # To310EX843562 I removed my radiator thinking that I would just buy a new one but now I have decided to have it recored. The mounting points for the raditor to frame were totally rusted away. I would like to get a reference dimension from the top of the tank to either the frame or to the heavy mounting angle iron bolted to frame so the mounting points on the radiator can be remade. I will make a best estimation and elongate the holes in the angle if needed, but it would be nice to have a number to compare with my estimate before fabrication. The holes in the fan shroud are slotted so they are not an accurate reference point, although the distance from the bottom of the shroud to frame would be better than nothing.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-09-20 08:16

    @TheMechanic1988 is working on a 310E recently maybe he could help you out. Send him a message .

  2. #2JL Sargent2023-09-20 10:58

    Top of radiator tank to iron at bottom of radiator that bolts to the frame is 29".

  3. #3gypsycatfish2023-09-20 21:01

    Thank you Diesel Dave and Jl Sargent. I came up with measuring from center of the fan to the frame (13.250) since the shroud has to be centered on the fan and using the original location marks from tank to shroud, the fan shoud be centered and should match your 29 inches. I will pass your 29 inch info to the radiator shop to compare. This a new to me 310E with 3300 hours, I may be back with more questions. I did purchase the tech manual and diagnostic manual so maybe I will be able to help someone else at some point.