I have a 4 in 1 front bucket that just started losing function. It will not raise or lower! The stabilizers do not work as well. The hydraulic oil level is fine. The engine drags when starting like something is under pressure. The backhoe operational function works properly. Hydraulic oil level is in good condition at the proper level. Can't find any leaks anywhere. John Deere service here sucks. Puzzled at what to do. CAN ANYONE HELP?
ITs a 2006 John Deere 310G
First, will need the serial number. Then make sure all the levers are in the neutral position and that none are stuck partially on. If you have auxiliary hydraulics out the back check the controls on that too.
the S/n is TO310GX952915. All the levers are in neutral positions including the auxiliary pedal!
Hi MG! Is that one has PC pump, or fixed displacement and open center? If open center good idea would be to check return passage!
Okay, thanks. I will!
I apologize, I was asking mg2361, he is our main man when it comes to finding JD information, was just too lazy to type his full handle! But checking return passage for back pressure is good idea!
Jim, to clarify your issue, it is everything on your your front end that does not work or just the 4 in 1 bucket? You mentioned stabilizers and with your serial number the stabilizer valve is part of the loader control valve. Another question, how does your machine steer, both at low idle and fast idle? Hey TVA. Long time no hear. Hope all is well. To answer your question, fixed gear pump and an open center system.
If you been doing any site clearing lately I would get down and inspect the piping! Land clearing is tough on equipment - branches and big pieces of wood get lifted up whole drive over them, and things got smashed, hoses and wiring getting pulled, filter housings getting ripped in pieces and radiators and coolers getting holes through them!
I haven't really got to do much of anything with it yet! I've done some back dragging and some dozing, picked a few small boulders and picked up some rock and gravel piles! That's about it. I just purchased it in November and have been too busy to use it. I'm thinking it's the main relief valve to the front of the valve body that is stuck.