Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TA 27 ZF trans

GODSDOZER · 2019-09-15 12:12

Have not been able to find out what this symbol (fault code) is. It looks like a "H" but if you look closely it has two small dashes in between the two uprights of the "H" which makes me believe it is a "A" ? I have a spanner wrench showing along with that code. I look in the ZF transmission error codes and do not find a code that looks like that. Any help is greatly appreciated. It is a ZF 6WG 210 I have calibrated the transmission with the AEB starter, everything turned out perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Bigbert2019-09-16 15:01

    Hi Godsdozer, the fault code is indeed an "A", code A2 means something wrong on supply to difflock solenoid, wiring, connector etc. Should be located next to output shaft to front axle.

  2. #2GODSDOZER2019-09-16 15:20

    Thanks a million.

  3. #3GODSDOZER2019-09-22 21:59

    Was out at the machine today...………... I found that the #1 fuse (ignition sensed relay contacts) and #2 fuse (Key switch) seemed not to be making good connection. I could hear crackling when I jiggled it. I worked with them for a bit and finally all codes were codes were gone. Drove the truck around for 5 minutes and the codes came back up. Messed with those two fuses again, all codes were gone. Drove truck again and I guess the vibration caused the codes to come back on. (code A2, and transmission stop light) Where to go from here ? thanks for any help.

  4. #4Bigbert2019-09-23 00:44

    Hello Godsdozer, Guess, you are still talking about code A2, right? Did you check solenoid difflock, plug etc.? Also check interface cabin to chassis. Disconnect solenoid completely and do another ride.

  5. #5GODSDOZER2019-09-23 07:45

    Good morning. Bigbert if you are looking at the fuse panel. the #1 and #2 fuse (in the manual ) seem to be issue. They are not making good contact for some reason. When they do make good contact I no longer have the A2 code or Transmission stop light .

  6. #6GODSDOZER2019-09-23 07:47

    I pulled the fuse panel off (4 bolts hold it in). I could not see any sign of discoloration of any wires that connect to the fuse panel.

  7. #7Bigbert2019-09-23 08:04

    Could you share a few pictures?

  8. #8GODSDOZER2019-09-23 08:24

    Yes, I will be out at the machine today. Thanks

  9. #9GODSDOZER2020-10-25 15:39

    the A2 code and the stop transmission warning light both went out after I located and fixed a broken wire that connected to the diff lock solenoid that was located near the left front fender.