Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310SE Paint

boone ยท 2020-04-09 10:19

Can anyone tell me what the correct paint is for the black/charcoal parts of the John Deere 310 E/SE? I'm going to repaint the shroud over the tank and the rops and floor pan under the mat. Thinking of going with a semi-gloss rustoleum black. It's currently faded to almost a gray charcoal color. I'd like to get the correct sheen on it so it doesn't look too over shiny .

Replies5
  1. #1JL Sargent2020-04-09 12:32

    For what it's worth no gloss paint short of an automotive paint job will stay glossy. I've painted all kinds of steel with Rustoleum's gloss black and it has always ended up flat black after a year or two.

  2. #2boone2020-04-13 16:21

    Thanks. I painted it this weekend and went with Valspar Rust Armour Semi-gloss. It's the sheen I wanted. You're right. It will be flat black in no time.

  3. #3Nick G2023-09-03 09:46

    Good post, I just bought 2000 310SE. What are people using to match the original construction JD yellow? I never realized there were so many shades of yellow!

  4. #4JL Sargent2023-09-04 12:01

    This is it.

  5. #5Nick G2023-09-05 06:39

    Thank you JL Sargent!