Anyone have a good standard size rod for a Case 580ck with the g188d engine? I spun a rod bearing the other day and need 1 rod to replace it... thanks!
Really nice people to deal with. I have purchased parts from them. https://www.robertstractor.com/Case-188d-Connecting-Rod_p_2726.html
Tinkerer, thanks for the reply. I looked at the link, but unfortunately they do not have any available. There has got to be one laying around somewhere...lol
The 188d used two different connecting rods depending on the when the engine was originally built. You need to get the engine serial number to determine which rod you need. There should be a casting number on the rod that may help narrow down your search.
Dale Weiss @ tractor stuff...1800 428-8183
Thanks for the response guys! Unfortunately, looking closer at the block while prepping for the rebuild, I noticed it is cracked between the liners...ouch.... So... Since these motors are notorious for cracking between the liners and are difficult to find, I may explore repairing this one, and if I can't fix it, may have to part out the machine unfortunately.... I attached some pics
Sadly it is way tooooo common to see that.
Geeze, would 1/2" between holes been too much to ask?
I know right?? I may try to Tig the cracks where they meet the sleeves and shave the welds down flush if they stick good
Otherwise, I haven't been able to locate a good block for a decent price to build
Over at practicalmachinist.com I have seen some great advice on similar problems over the years. Might post a question there with pictures and see what you get.
My buddy came over with a Tig welder. I think we are going to be okay, just have to add some JB weld when I install the new sleeves.
Jeepers, looks like riverboat gambling to me, but I appreciate the spirit of it! I've got my fingers crossed. JB Weld can do some amazing stuff. I was once given a gas generator that had thrown the rod through the aluminum block. I used JB weld to attach a repair patch over the damage. That was years ago and still hasn't leaked. Not many heat cycles though. Don't use a generator often I guess.
Got the new cam bearings and cam back in... got a question about timing though. Not sure this engine was even timed correctly when I took it apart lol...does anybody have an engine assembly manual they could sell me at a discount rate???
Need to see how the dots line up on the cam/crank/pump...etc.
The service manual is here ---> https://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/C...MANUAL/Case 580CK Series C Service Manual.pdf
Thank you!! This helps a lot! However,I noticed that my cam gear has 1 dot on it, then there are 2 dots. A little further around the gear...do I set the timing on the single dot, or in between the 2 dots? I'll post some pics...
Look in the service manual and you see that the single dot is for timing the injection pump.
Okay I think I got it. I line up the crank dot in between the 2 dots on the camshaft gear. Then the single dot that's left over lines up with the idler gear which lines up with the dot on the pump gear...
A little update.... got it almost back together... won't be long now until the test....lol
Looking good ! Keep us updated !
Got it running!! Looks like it's going to be okay! Just got to break it in now....
How do I get the fuel to stop leaking at the injector fitting?
Does that fitting have a worn out rubber grommet under it? A lot of the fuel line fittings use a rubber grommet like sleeve in them. An assortment of those was just referenced here recently if that's the problem.
Not sure I'll have to check
No grommet in there. Got everything back together and she's digging again like a champ! Thanks for all the help guys!!
If anyone needs some pistons or rods.... I have 3 good one's left for cheap...lol
Nice to see a happy ending for you, Littlejr ! Why are the rear tires on backwards ?
I think the previous owner must have driven backwards more than forwards.... Lol!!!
Anybody know where to get a free parts manual? I REALLY need to rebuild the front loader lift cylinders, but I have no idea what the part numbers are or what size replacement seals to get...
For your tractor go here ---> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...2b15ae45049d41da&sl=EN¤cy=#epc::mr65627 For your backhoe go here ---> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...d41da&sl=EN¤cy=#epc::mr7988495ag4305789 Do you have the service manual ?
Thanks Tinkerer! That should be great!
Awesome repairs and a great save for a old machine!
Having an issue ordering seals for the loader lift and stabilizer cylinders....the seal store wants to know if I have type 1 or type 2 cylinders. I don't have a serial number to go by and the kits look similar, so I don't know what to order... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Look on the top of the gland for some numbers that should be stamped there. Or call Dale Weiss,he will know what you need. http://e-backhoeparts.com/
Thanks