Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310SJ auxiliary hydraulics connector type

Ricardo Cotte · 2023-10-29 10:31

Hello, further to an earlier thread I posted, I am looking to acquire and install a pair of flat face quick connectors on my 310SJ aux hydraulic lines. These are both plugged and I am not sure where I should connect them. At the big hex or should I remove these and attach the QC to the brackets and then connect the hoses? (See photo attached) I will appreciate anyone's input on this since I have scoured the web and the operator manual I got and haven't found much details for this issue. Thanks for your kind help.

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2023-10-29 10:40

    Just remove the end caps and thread the new couplers on in place of them.

  2. #2Ricardo Cotte2023-10-29 11:51

    Hello Tags, thanks for your reply. Here is a photo of what Summit offers for John Deere. Looks like it comes with a lock nut to attach to the brackets. I guess you could thread other type of connector on the end caps. Will remove these and find out what type thread these are. Thanks

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-10-29 11:51

    The threaded plugs are either -12 ORB(o-ring boss) or a metric thread. I don’t see a serial break to know when the change occurred. When we came across a metric thread , we tossed away the hex adapters and installed -12 flat face bulkhead quick couplers to the brackets. IIRC the bulkhead QC‘s were found on a high flow skid steer auxiliary circuit. . If the Summit couplers are -12 flat face you’re golden !

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-10-29 13:34

    -12 ORB measures 1-1/16“ , 12 TPI (threads per inch) -12 ORFS (o ring face seal, aka flat face) measures 1-3/16“ , 12 TPI

  5. #5Ricardo Cotte2023-11-02 12:34

    Hello Dave, Got it solved. Thanks! That is what my existing thread is... 3/4" ORFS which measures 1 13/16" OD with 12 TPI. AKA as -12 ORB. These bulkhead connectors are available through several outlets. The piece my 310 has installed right now on the bracket is actually a reducer with a plug at the end. Will remove these when I receive the flat face 1/2" body couplers I ordered. These are standard for several JD backhoes, skid steers and mini-excavators. Part No. TL104 from toplinemachinery.com provides a pair set (female & male) that will fit exactly. Also, they have a very complete technical guide to identify these and other fittings. I learned a ton of things and feel now kind of an expert. Always good to learn something new everyday. John Deere part number for the male coupler is AT312877.