Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 315SG

Farmer_Theo ยท 2025-06-21 15:56

hi to everyone , i was wondering if you could please assit me with my John Deere 315sg with error code f9a3 . it just wont start. does anyone have any methods in resolving the issue or a pinout diagram for the ECU. i have spent the entire day trying to get it to start today. this all occured after changing the sensor on the throttle

Replies13
  1. #1mg23612025-06-22 06:14

    Welcome to HEF Farmer ! For any pinouts or schematics, please supply the machine's complete serial number. There are multiple serial number breaks. If you press the next button or just wait, does F9C4 appear? ECU fuse good?

  2. #2Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:17

    As soon as I turn the machine on then I get those two codes

  3. #3mg23612025-06-22 06:17

    And the serial number.

  4. #4Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:18

    All the fuses are good , just no power on the E23 wire , don't know where it's connected to

  5. #5Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:19

    *T0315SG923678*

  6. #6mg23612025-06-22 06:32

    E23 comes from the neutral start relay. That relay is controlled by the FNR. If you have an active F9A3, you may get it to crank, but it most likely will not start. Check your messages.

  7. #7Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:39

    Thank you so much , really appreciate it . Where do I find the start relay . And where do the 3 wires on the throttle (TPS) go to in the ECU . I see only two are connected .

  8. #8Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:40

    FNR - please elaborate on the abbreviation.

  9. #9Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 06:42

    Forward Neutral Reverse ?

  10. #10mg23612025-06-22 06:49

    The shifter on the left side of the steering wheel. Check messages.

  11. #11Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 07:26

    The 12v constant is 12.65v unplugged and 10.10v when plugged into the ECU , what could that mean ?

  12. #12mg23612025-06-22 07:32

    High resistance somewhere in that circuit between the battery and the ECU.

  13. #13Farmer_Theo2025-06-22 07:35

    Thought as much , I'll quickly look and get back to you shortly. Really appreciate your professionalism. Must the FNR be in the middle position , which is neutral and must I get a voltage on that E23 wire