I've got a major leak I need guidance on what it may be. Machine has a little over 2000 hours and is rarely used. Was operating it Saturday and it developed. When I unloaded it it was worse. Two days later it had leaked a lot while sitting and would barely raise the arms to lock them out to raise the cab. Today I cleaned out the belly and Saturday I hope to investigate. Any though on what hose or common place to look? Is there an alternative fluid available at Tractor Supply I could use just to fill to try to trace the leak? I don't particularly want to pour JD fluid into it for it to just pour out. Thanks in advance.
Wipe everything clean, cycle arms slowly and watch for spray or pooling. : Sudden failure dumps oil as cylinders retract under gravity this would explain barely lifting arms (no pressure retention). High-flex areas wear through; leak when machine sits as residual pressure bleeds down