Hi, I have a JD 333d track machine that I was using and started blowing black smoke and shortly after died. I’ve replaced fuel filters, all fuel lines, bled the fuel system over and over again until clean fuel with no air, replaced the mechanical fuel pump, cam sensor was replaced and crank sensor checked out good via John Deere skid steer tech using jd software. Fuel pressure is 24psi while cranking with a brand new battery and also on a charger. Fuel pressure only drops 3-4 psi 20 minutes after cranking so I don’t think it’s a fuel system leak. I do not get any hint of smoke out the exhaust while cranking so I don’t think injectors are getting fuel. There is also no new codes since this whole issue has started. What can I try next? Do these machines have a fuel shut off solenoid? Am I overlooking something?
Welcome to HEF Shawn ! Please post up the machine serial number. That is important in any posting so accurate information can be provided. I also asked the moderators to move this post to the Compact Track Loader section where it belongs. Place a clear fuel line in a vertical loop in the return to tank circuit. pump your primer to fill it and remove all the air. Then crank your engine. How much air if any shows up in that tube?