This about a seat issue. I forgot to add it to the title. We have in our collection of iron a John Deere 333D. This machine is run by 6 or 7 different operators as needed on different projects. The machine works good and is agile and fast. After our latest round of snowmegedon I sent over to muck out a job that is fairly large. Long story short and I could regale you with a written missive about the seat being stuck all the way forward and a little about myself who used to weigh about the same as a a couple average bags of cement over the years it seems that I added a sack or so to the total gross and now I seem to displace more air than I did. I also seem to require that 6 or 7 inches that is behind the seat presently to clear the lap bar comfortably. Friday, I proved a hypothesis to myself that if while plowing a large area out; with some onus on being timely and you hook a 7/8s bolt anchored in the ground while being in contact with the lap bar. You are going to experience the same sensation as hanging upside down in a "Rock O Plane" carnival ride. I have been dieting since last summer and have lost about a bag of pellet stove pellets however this is by design a slow transition because someday I would like to eat a steak again just to know cows are not extinct. Consequently it will be much expedient to repair the seat rather than waiting for weight loss. The seat in this machine is smart (seat switch) it also had the ability but does not work presently to raise and lower it seems, not sure.. A white almost half-moon shaped switch in the middle of the seat frame also has a little gauge to the right of the switch. To the left of that is a grey L shaped release handle for the fore and aft adjustment of the seat. I have tried to move this up and down and can't get anything to release. I tried (gently) to see if it would twist out board to the left to release. No joy. This is a spendy chair. It's replacement is about 1000 bucks. Has anybody had any experience with this? It seems like it should be a easy fix. It eluded me however. Thanks MD
I know nothing about fixing a seat in a Deere anything, but reading your post was entertaining!
If it is the mechanical seat if i remeber correctly there are two R pins on the lower front of the seat you can pull and the seat cushion should come off. Then you can see whats going on with the mechanical part. I could be very wrong amd it would not be the first time.
Mother, this applies to lots of us...
Thanks! I appreciate it. I am just looking for a little field Mickey Mouse to get it to slide. Seems like a place to start. Our mechanic will probably fix it faster then it takes to tell the story when it gets to him. In the meantime, LOL! It is the lap bar enduro
Hey sled dog! I find the aging thing hysterical! Wrinkles, weight gain and a plethora of assorted aches and pains and other entertaining maladies as I view my life as it bangs along through a 21 year old’s eyes! My grandmother was the first to use the phrase “aging is not for the weak.” to me in conversation. It is what it is. I have to many things to do to slow down. I have to build a 550 Ford like Junkyard’s friend Dave’s. I have to rebuild a poorly constructed addition on the back of the house. I need to lend a hand with a few more bridges and I think I need to buy a small blade because I feel a need to burn some cutting edges! I know that the age department catches us all and demands some tribute from each of us. Right now I have the throttle pinned cause I have a lot too do! As long as my 21 year old windshield holds up I will in torpedo parlance “running hot straight and normal!
I just hit 30 this year and i am starting to feel it. Dont know if i want to hit 50 haha
Hell, 50 was no big deal, still 10' tall and bulletproof. 53 came around and ***? Swinging a 90cc chainsaw started to feel like work. 56 is over half gone and reality hits hard....whoever said gettin' old ain't for sissys wasn't lying. Ed
Great story, LMAO . I find with many of the skid steer seats the rails just seize up from lack of use. If you raise the ROPS/CAB half way and hold it there with a ratchet strap you can look right down at the rails and the release mechanism. First you can see if the release mechanism is working and most likely it is. If it is, then a good dose of penetrating oil and some TLC to persuade the seat to move should get it working again.
If it’s anything like other peoples machines that I have run, before you adjust the seat, you need to throw out several years of empty Diet Coke bottles, empty tobacco chew tins, and several sets of plans from the past before you can get the seat to move anywhere…
That was the first thing I checked... and it was clean! LOL Like you it has been my experience that sometimes there may be an aardvark Behind the seat nesting in Skoal cans and water bottles!
Thanks for that. I will check that out. Maybe a WD 40 shower will help!
The dip tins are bad but the open spit cups left in machines and trucks is the worst. Oh god how i hate that.
Not my favorite debris either!