Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 350C injection pump

johnnyboy ยท 2014-09-28 12:23

Have a crawler here that we removed the injection pump from and the timing mark on the pump wouldn't line up with the divit in the flywheel. I believe this is a rossa-master with the two umbrella seals on the shaft which stayed attached to the gear. This machine was running and filling the crankcase with fuel and would only run with return loosened. Would this machine run 180* out. Could the flywheel be mounted incorrectly? The pump is getting rebuilt and should have today. Any info would be very helpful. Thank You in advance

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-09-28 17:41

    If it was running satisfactory.. don't worry about it.. Just line up the dot on the end of the driveshaft with the dot inside the pump and install the pump..

  2. #2johnnyboy2014-09-28 18:19

    I didn't see any dots and I never seen it run either, I only had enough time to pull pump based on what he said. But when I pulled pump the lines in the timing window were lined up. I was hoping to put it back same way. Just wondering if it would run 180 out

  3. #3lantraxco2014-09-28 19:42

    180 out, injectors would be shooting fuel on the exhaust stroke instead of on compression I think... If it was running, if the lines in the pump window were lined up, if the pump comes back with the lines still lined up in the window, if the engine has not been turned and the gears have not been allowed to come out of mesh, you should be able to just slip it back together, hopefully using the correct tool for the umbrella seals. If you have to start from scratch to time it, you need the #1 cyl at TDC, you may have to turn the flywheel in the direction of normal rotation a full turn to make it work right. Takes two turns of the crankshaft to make one turn at the pump.

  4. #4johnnyboy2014-09-28 20:07

    Yes they were lined up and no one will turn engine and he did say it ran a bit. I have access to the tool to change the seals. Just wondering because when we spun the engine over I did see the divit in flywheel, just not where it thought it was supposed to be.