I'm having trouble with my Deere 350g leaking oil out the breather tube. I don't believe there is any problems with the motor. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what did you replace to solve it. i see on jdparts there is a crankcase vent repair kit part# re540203 but I don't know if this would solve the problem. any help would be appreciated
With a serial number a Deere dealership could tell you exactly what you need. You will have to buy the parts most likely from them anyways. Wondering how you can have oil leaking without blowbye, maybe something I haven't seen yet. Simon C
There’s nothing to it - just do it. Checking oil level might help also. I have piece of junk in my yard ( backhoe) that transmission oil leak overfills the engine oil. Also JD 200C - LC that pump drive leaks in to bell housing. I’ve learned in this business that nothing is impossible. If your pumps leaking through pilot or main pumps input shaft seals leaking in to drive, drives breather plugged because you haven’t pressure washed that thing in ages, leaks in to bell housing, and pushes hydraulic oil in to your engine. Jokes ( not really) aside - check your oil level, and then coolant level. JD engines are keen on leaking oil coolers.
Welcome to HEF fearless ! The complete machine serial number is always a good start. There is an issue with the ventilation system. Either moisture that has frozen preventing the spinner from spinning, or some other issue preventing it from spinning.
I thought those things only on IFP ( Iveco ) engines. I don’t get to work on newer junk. Hmm. Actually it’s not really true, I did substantial amount of work on hydraulic system and engine accessories on 200G-LC, and didn’t even know those things have spinners in crankcase ventilation.
The spinner is on the 6090 and larger engines. The 200GLC would have a 6068 engine which uses a crankcase filter.
Got it. Thanks.