Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sumitomo sh60 year of construction

JohnMcKeever ยท 2025-01-22 07:21

Hi maybe this has been asked before but can someone help me please I recently bought a used Sumitomo SH60 excavator The only data plate I see on it is inside the cab door beside the seat showing what I presume is the machine serial number See attached picture Can anyone tell me how to determine the year of manufacture of the machine My Insurance company want the year of manufacture to insure it

Replies3
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-01-26 02:57

    1995 would be a close estimate going by technical manual publications and information on the web.

  2. #2JohnMcKeever2025-01-26 09:23

    Hi Kobe Thanks for your information Can you post me a link to the manuals you mention please It would be very useful to me in case of breakdowns etc I have a book operators book ordered but it hasnt arrived yet No book came with the machine

  3. #3Kobe Steel2025-01-31 03:05

    I have been asking around for a shop repair manual, If I get one I will post to you. Here is link to a website claiming to have parts manual. It has a free 3 day sign up so in not sure if this trust worthy sorry. Sumitomo SH60 Parts Manual | Download Manual Sumitomo SH60 Parts Manual. Instant access to download manuals at emanuals.com www.emanuals.com Best regards