Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 35d primary fuel filter output port

aardquark · 2024-06-09 12:13

Looking at the output port of the primary fuel filter on my John Deere 35d, there is a detachable bit of piping that goes on the end of the fuel hose. I am puzzled at how it is supposed to remain attached to the body of the fuel filter housing. It just pushes in and there is really nothing to hold it there. I tried putting several different O-rings into the groove, but once I do that, I can't push the piece back into the body. Perhaps there is some part missing. Can someone explain?

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-06-09 13:41

    There’s a lot of problems with that wiggling out and either leaking or gulping air.. It’s just a press fit and the fix is to epoxy it in..

  2. #2aardquark2024-06-09 20:15

    It seems an odd design. Is there supposed to be an O-ring in the groove?

  3. #3mg23612024-06-10 05:48

    No. It is supposed to be a press fit. Your options are to either epoxy it as TPG said, or install an updated filter head which addresses that issue.

  4. #4aardquark2024-06-10 08:05

    Okay, thanks for the info.

  5. #5mekanik2024-06-10 09:00

    I have used Loctite with success. Clean both surfaces with brake clean first. I used Loctite 620 and then a little heat with a small butane torch. Once set I could not budge the fitting.

  6. #6aardquark2024-06-16 22:06

    I went with the red loctite. Seems to work fine. Thanks for the suggestion.